Workflow start form: dynamic redirect on submit

• 24 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I wanted to ask for some input for the following scenario:

1. Nintex Workflow: Creates a list item
  2. Nintex Forms: used as workflow start form.

What I want to do: Redirect the user to the newly created list item (EditForm.aspx?ID=xxx in this case) after the form was submitted.

I'm creating the list item by using the web service action. After that, I use the query XML action to parse the web service results, which gives me the new Item ID. I now tried to use the 'Forms Redirect URL' setting of my start form, and use the workflow variable to build the redirect URL. Unfortunately, the value of this variable is 0, which seems that the variable's value is fetched on form load.

I tried to use the 'Load realtime workflow data' setting (which is kind of undocumented?), in the hope that the latest variable values are used, which was not the case.

Can somebody help me with this?

Many thanks,

Tobi

3 replies

Badge +16

‌ did you find a resolution for this in the end?

Badge +1

No, unfortunately not. I ended up with simply redirecting to a thank you page and sending an email - not that elegant. confused.png

Badge +7

tobale‌ , I have run into a similar issue only one was on views in SharePoint. If you do a sort or filter a view, then open an item w/ a Nintex Form, you get get taken back to whatever the main state if the view was, then you have to re-sort/filter the list again. I did write some crazy JS to get to the redirect URL paramater to then use a custom JS button. Basically (if you wanted in all in one button) you would have to use a web service to write to your SharePoint list and then use the URL redirect parameter. 

What I ended up doing was using the Save and Continue button to save my information back to SharePoint, then I added a close button which was a JS button that went to my my presorted view, and I also did the same thing for the Cancel button.

Cassy Freeman I also created a new feature request in the Nintex User Voice if you would like to vote and/or comment.