how to calculate time to get the result in hours+ minutes

• 23 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

hi,

I have a list using Nintex form to collect everyone's check-in time and check-out time, I want to add another column to  use check-out time and check-in time to calculate the total hours and minutes this person worked in a day.

I tried some formulas, but I failed to generate the result, anyone has best practices can share with me? thanks!

180920_pastedImage_0.png

Cheers,

Zoe

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi Zoe,

Here is the answer, I guess Re: nintex time data type field

Christophe

Badge +4

hi Christophe,

I tried this as below, but can't get the result, I guess the column I connected is not in the right setting. Do you know what type of column I should create on SharePoint to link with this data? Thanks!

Zoe

180906_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +9

Hi Zoe,

Save as data type must be Integer as it returns the number of hours with this formula.

Maybe best to use dateDiffMinutes for your case.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +4

Hi Christophe,

I have changed it to Integer, but it doesn't work, maybe because the check-out time is using workflow to update on the item afterward?

so I tried another way which works well (so far) --- I created a new column (Single line of test type, using formula =([Check-Out Time]-[Check-In Time])*24

181085_pastedImage_0.png

the result shows correctly in column Hours (column named Total Hours is the one using dateDiffMinutes, always shows 0.)

181086_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +9

Zoe,

I am happy that it works the way you want.

But I have tested the method above and it works.

Christophe