Issue displaying existing sharepoint list entries in lookup and calculated controls in Nintex form

• 17 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello Everyone! I’m using Sharepoint 2013 and Nintex forms on premise and am having an issue displaying data in 2 existing list columns in Nintex form: AttorneyName (list lookup control) and AttyEmployeeID (calculated value with a lookup function based on AttorneyName)

The new list entries that were added via nintex form can be reaccessed and are showingon the form ok (AttorneyName, AttyEmployeeID) and i can open the form, see AttorneyName and AttyEmployeeID and make changes. The problem arises for values that were already in sharepoint list prior (that i’ve imported via BDLC from SQL). These values are not showing in Nintex form. I have both fields connected to their respective list columns. The lookup and calculated fields are pulling from another source list on same site that just has Attorney names and their Employee IDs.

Do i need to use a variable? Any help would be much appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

for lookup - lookup value (text) is not sufficient information to identify am item in the other list. lookup always identifies the item with its ID. when you create an item in form and you do not connect ID to a list field, the ID is stored internally in a hidden column.

for items that your imported this ID is missing and so form can not identify which item should be selected by a lookup control.

for calc. value - you have configured that the control should recalculate in each mode. so it recalculates and the result is empty value. it likely miss a value which it filters by or the value which it filters by doesn't exist in an other  list .

Badge +1

for attorney name field - i have some room here. I can do a lookup to another list or Person control (or something else). ? 

for calculated value (for EmployeeID) - i've updated the control to only recalculate on new mode and now my existing entries are showing in the form ok- thanks! now, how do i get this control to also calculate/lookup the EmployeeID from the other list on new mode. See attached screenshots. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

for attorney name field - i have some room here. I can do a lookup to another list or Person control (or something else). ? 

I do not know what's your business case, resp. purpose/usage of the field.

if you will do imports regularly, will you get data in a format that could be accepted by either of these type of fileds?

how do i get this control to also calculate/lookup the EmployeeID from the other list on new mode

you can either let it show a value saved in list field or let it recalculate all the time. it can not do both at the same time.

but I wonder whether your formula is correct at all. do you compare AtterneyName with 'ID"? is that correct?