Solved

Unable to launch a workflow - error : Something went wrong

• 13 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi

Situation:

We have migrated from SP2010 to SP Online. Workflows have been copied with data with the tool ShareGate. After that, we reviewed the WF, edit them, tested them ... After validation, we moved the data from the old SP to the new one.

On one site, into a list, we are no more able to launch a WF - a popup with the error "Something went wrong. To try again, reload the page and then start the workflow. " appaers.

I already tried to :

• exporting/importing the WF -> same error
  • create a new simple WF in the same list -> same error
  • create a new list based on the template of the original one -> same error
  • create a new list and a simple WF -> same error

If I do the same on another site, the WF works

Any ideas or suggestion :) ?

PS: I've to specify that we are currently on SharePoint Online, i'm not a global admin and I'm a beginner in Nintex :)

icon

Best answer by nvdw 9 October 2019, 15:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Sounds like there is an issue with that particular site which I gather was created with ShareGate.
Do you see the same issue with SharePoint Designer worklfows on that site?
Was ShareGate able to shed any light on the issue?

Hi,

Thanks for you reply !

When I connect the SharePoint Designer on the workflow, I receive the following error message : "Failed to load this workflow. To correct this problem, restarte SharePoint Designer".

I tested this with another website ... and I've the same message.

No suggestion from ShareGate, maybee because I didn't copy the workflow. To give you the full picture :  I migrated the entire site with workflow some month ago. I re-worked workflows to replace old actions or for business reasons. Last week, after the validation from the business that new Workflow are good, I migrated only the data with ShareGate.

Since this last sync. I'm no more able to start WF on this site.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
You will not be able to open Nintex workflows with SharePoint designr but can you create a SharePoint designer workflow and launch it?

Hi,

I'm able to create a SPDesigner WF but I receive exactly the same error when starting it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Based on this information the issue has something to do with the migration process.
I suggest contacting ShareGate for support.

Just to inform that due to the emergency and the business need ... I restarted from scratch the migration and used the option to export/import the WF from the "corrupted" site to the new one.

Thanks for your time and your messages

Is there any solutions for this? I have the same issue. The workflow only fails in one subsite.