How to view entries logged in history list for User Defined Actions?

• 26 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I have a (previously working) list workflow that uses a UDA.  I made one minor change to the UDA and now the workflow won't complete.  The workflow keeps erroring during the UDA and I am trying to troubleshoot that error.

I have added a number of Log In History List actions within the UDA to debug and help determine where exactly the problem is occurring.  I also republished the list workflow after updating the UDA.

But when I run my workflow and it errors out, none of the 'Log in history list' entries are there.

Does the history list from the UDA have to be accessed elsewhere?  I am just wondering where i can find the information that should be logging to the workflow history, as nothing is coming up.

We use are using Nintex forms and workflows 2013 on-prem.

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

history log message written within UDA are written to the workflow history log within which's context it is run.

try to add log in history log as a very first UDA action followed by commit pending changes, so that you can see whether actions within UDA started to be executed or not.

if you will not see neither this message in log, it might signalize a problem handing over input parameters into UDA, like feeding string into numeric variable.

btw, what's the error you get?

Badge +4

Thanks for the info, it turns out a colleague had turned logging off in that site collection.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

please mark the question answered if doubts are clarified already.