Save checkbox list in sharepoint list

• 28 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am using a K2 smartform to save data into sharepoint list. My list has choice column with multiselect option.

On smart form I am using checkbox list control but data is saved in xml format and not in semicolon format as SharePoint understands it.

Could you please show help me solve this issue.

4 replies

Badge

hi,    I also have been trying to work through this same situation recently but, not success on the Update back to the SharePoint.   It's saving as XML back in the SharePoint and creating a mess in the SharePoint control.    I'll keep an eye on this post...

Badge

I saw another post that the Choice control can be used as it doesn't put it in an XML format.   You can style it then to look like a CheckBox list.    Unfortunately, we are not at that version of K2 and do not have the Choice control available as of now.   

Badge +1

Which version are you using? Can you share any link related to solution which you are referring.

Badge +1

For now I have implemented a workaround where using expression i replace xml to generate  ;# seperated string. This way it gets saved in list. And to show same on form we have to use semicolon seperated string and use transfer data for check box list control.

But I think we have to create a smart object which can take xml as input and ;# seperated string as output also ;# seperaetd string as input and ; seperated string as output to make it consistent..

But need to check more..

let me know if someone have a better solution...