Remove \i:0#.w|\" from a username in a Nintex Forms text control"

• 19 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have not been able to find a solution to this question here, so hopefully it hasn't already been asked. I simply need to remove "i:0#.w|" from a username in a Nintex Forms text control. Is there an inline function or something that will allow me to do this?

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jonathan,

what is the final goal? Do you want to strip that part to get something like the display name of the user or do you want to just have the logon name?

In general what works best for me is having a calculated value control on the form and use the user logon  name you mentioned to get user profile information like display name or samaccount name.

Would that be helpful for you?

Beste regards

Enrico

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, you have few option using string inline functions

fn-Remove()

fn-Replace()

fn-Substring()

209832_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +9

Hi Jonathon, 

Marian is right. Use the following RegEx to find the pattern you want to remove:

(i:0#.w|)+

This will work with the fn-Replace() inline function.

Thank you,

Sean

Badge +1
I used nested UserProfilelookup in Calculated value on Nintex form for  Supervisor's manager (as we needed for our O 365 form)
userProfileLookup(replace(userProfileLookup(userProfileLookup(userProfileLookup(SubmitterName, "Manager"), "Manager"), "Manager"), "i:0#.f\|membership\|", ""), "PreferredName")
For manager:
userProfileLookup(replace(userProfileLookup(SubmitterName, "Manager"), "i:0#.f\|membership\|", ""), "PreferredName")