Primary Key Not Listed for CREATE Statement, But SmartForm Error Saying it is a Required Property

Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple table that will allow end-users to maintain the values in that table.  I created a simple list view against the table and using the out-of-the-box view settings to Add, Edit, and Delete values.  When I try to add a row of data, I get an error, "Smartobject property <Primary Key Name> is a required property for selected method Create.  Value must be set."  The problem is that the primary key does not come up in the list of fields that are part of the Create Input Mappings for the business rule.

How would you overcome this?  The CREATE statement won't let me add a value for the Primary Key (auto-number), but the Primary Key is required to add a record?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

12897i5056811F6A3B0133.jpg
14671i7B4B41809B4CB442.jpg
11920i78FBDBD995FEBB79.jpg
15917i783CAC3123934833.jpg
15399i403DC4320B8DF956.jpg

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Dear ,

Double check the following ,
The sql tabe primary key is it set as primary key ?
Is it set to identity ?
Go to ur tester , refresh the sql service instance u r using , then update the smart object u r using , to make sure its taking all changes done to the sql table .

Hope it helps !
Regards
Badge +1

Ahmad,

Thank you very much for your help.  Unfortunately the column is the primary key and is set to an Identity.  Are you suggesting I change it from an Identity column?

Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Kevin

From CREATE Statement for the Table

CREATE TABLE [REF].[ExternalCode](

[ExternalCodeKey] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,