Impersonate in workspace

• 29 April 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I created a form routing. Each activity has different approver. I'm a developer. Is there a way for me to do impersonation in Workspace in order to check the routing?

3 replies

Badge +4
Hi,

You could try creating a new short-cut to Internet Explorer (IE). Once the shortcut has been created, you will need to modify the properties:

Open the "Shortcut" tab, then click the "Advanced..." button. You should then see an option labelled "Run with different credentials". Check this option, then save the changes.

Each time you want to impersonate a user, run IE using the new shortcut and you should be prompted to enter a set of user creds.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave.
Badge +1
Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried out your solution. Now i have a problem where i do not have other people password, mean i cannot login as other people. Is it possible if i want to create my own impersonation fucntion, where i need only tell the function what is the login name, and ignore the password. But really don't know how to do that...still thinking..
Badge +4
Hi,

The easiest way of testing your routing will be to create a set of dummy users with no passwords or passwords that are known to you. You can then use these users as destination users for your various events.

When you are finally happy with the process, you can then migrate the process to your testing and production environments. Once the process is ready for production use, you can replace the dummy users with the real users and export to your live server.

On our project, we use 4 environments (Dev, Test, Pre-Production and Production) and this is the approach we have used when performing the build validations in Dev, Test and Pre-Prod.

Regards,
Dave.