Nintex WorkflowHistoryList

Badge +7

Hi all,

I just had some issues with the WorkFlowHistoryList growing wildly a needed to be purged.

I know that I can examine the size of the list by going to Site Settings->Nintex Workflow->Manage Workflow History List.

What I realy need is something that can help me monitor the status of this across an entire site collection.I think it is a problem that I have to go an examine each subsite one at a time.

Any ideas?

Regards

Leif

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Leif,

I use a PowerShell script which runs as a scheduled task to send me a list of my top 50 largest lists. If you to purge items or send them to an archive you should be able to do that with some modification. Here is a script that you can use to create a document and store it locally. If you need to run it on demand just to check periodically then you can change the add-content line to a write-host command. Also notice that I've hard coded '2000' as a minimum to record so you might wanna change that in your environment. If you need a more robust feature checkout HarePoint.com. They've got a workflow monitor that I'm testing out now on our QA environment.

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

#For Output file generation

$OutputFN = "e:PowershellscheduledLargeListsData.csv"

#delete the file, If already exist!

if (Test-Path $OutputFN)

{ Remove-Item $OutputFN}

#Write the CSV Headers

Add-Content $OutputFN "List Name , site Collection , Site URL , Item count"

#Get the Web Application URL

$WebAppURL = "<your web app here>"

$SPwebApp = Get-SPWebApplication $WebAppURL

#Loop through All Site collections, Sites, Lists

foreach($SPsite in $SPwebApp.Sites)

{        foreach($SPweb in $SPSite.AllWebs)

{

foreach($SPlist in $SPweb.Lists)

{

if($splist.ItemCount -gt 2000)

{

$content = $SPlist.Title + "," + $SPsite.Rootweb.Title +"," + $SPweb.URL + "," + $SPlist.ItemCount

add-content $OutputFN $content

}

}

$SPweb.Dispose()

}

$SPsite.Dispose()

}

Badge +7

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the input - I can definitely use this script!

Regards

Leif

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you use Sharegate for monitoring and migrations, there is a report in it that can tell you this information. 

But I'm all for PowerShell! PowerShell is your friend. It's like a force power.

Badge +7

Hi Andrew,

I finally got my hands on Sharegate. It's a great product - even though Powershell holds the true power :-)

Regards

Leif