Workflow to send notifications based on status

• 13 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi, 

I'm working in Nintex 3.3.1.0 on SharePoint 2013. 

I have a list of items and I need to create a workflow that will send a notification to the person in the AssignedTo field if the Status field has not changed from "Not Started" to "Accepted" in 2 working days. 

I'm thinking to start the workflow when an item is created, to check the list for items that have the Status field "Not started", pause the workflow for two days, check the list again for those items that have the status field still set on "Not started" to send a notification however I'm not sure how to actually configure this or if there is a better option. 

Can you share any suggestions?

1 reply

Badge +8

Hi,

there are many solutions to your case:

1. Your suggestion would work, but the part "check the list for items that have the Status field "Not started"" is unnecessary because your workflow is running on the item itself. You would just check after 2 days if the status is not equal to "Accepted"
  2. As you are talking about sending to the "AssignedTo" Field, I am thinking this is some sort of reminder. You could use Nintex Workflows "Assign Flexi Task" to handle this. There you can set up reminders and escalation. I think this suits best for your case.
  3. A site workflow could check for items which are older than 2 days with the status "Not started" and sent notifications. This workflow could then run daily