Solved

Troubles With Displaying Repeating Rows Data in Sharepoint List

• 28 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Good Day, I am very new to Nintex and sharepoint and am having immense troubles with one of my first tasks. I am trying to create a Nintex form to replace a paper copy. One area of the form requires the ability to input multiple names and positions. I have dragged the "name" and "position" single line text columns into my nintex form. But, when I try and put them into a repeating rows column I have a plethora of issues. When I try and connect the repeating rows to a column on my sharepoint list it will say it is incompatible. But when I fix the compatibility by changing the required text from "rich"
 to "plain" the data is unreadable. In short, I need repeating rows to work but I don't know how to set it up. I am not using a workflow, just the form and having it display on a sharepoint list. I am very confused and in desperate need of help.

icon

Best answer by MegaJerk 29 September 2021, 16:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

The reason you're having issues is because Repeating Section data is stored as XML not HTML. Linking the Control to a Multi-Line Text Column simply presents that info to you in an easy to get to fashion. If you want to format that data into something like an HTML Table, then I recommend reading this following article on the matter: 

Displaying Repeating Section Data in List Views, The Easy Way!

or alternatively:

Repeating Section As HTML Table In Mail

While the second link doesn't explicitly use the resulting html in a sharepoint list (opting instead to place it into an email) it does show in detail the steps taken to obtain that html table which could be useful for your learning. The only difference would be that you'd put the resulting html into a column on your list. 

Awesome! Thank you so much