Forms - Resize Buttons

Badge +4

Hi,

I have one more Question / Problem...

Is it possible to resize buttons in Nintex Forms? I want to use information/help buttons in my forms like this one:

86520_pastedImage_0.png

But it is not possible to scale them down. The size in the picture is the smallest value. I try to place them on the right Corner of the form, but so I have to leave it with a big margin.

Is there any way to fix it?

Thank you

Regards

Oliver

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Without using CSS - If you enter the buttons configuration and under Appearance set its Horizontal Width to a smaller percent it should render to the size you specify when in "Preview Mode".  Unfortunately at design time you won't see the size reflected in this change, but at runtime you will.  Therefore you could just set the width to the width you need and overlap any other controls on top of the "empty" space still shown on the designer.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +4

Hi Mike,

thanks for your answer. I did mention that, but there is another Problem. I try to place the button at the edge of the form. It is not possible to get closer than that, because the button is too big:

86628_pastedImage_0.png

In real the button will be there too. If I place it behind the TextBox right over there, I will have a big margin.

86629_pastedImage_1.png

I tried to align the button to the right side, but it will not accept it. In designmode it is good. but in real mode the button is still align to the left side.

Thank you

Regards

Oliver

Badge +4

So

I figured it out.

This is only possible with CSS (as you post it above...).

You have to align the button to the right in the designer and addtionally you have to put in CSS "text-align: right;" Then I will have the right effect:

86723_pastedImage_0.png

Thank you

Regards

Oliver

Badge +1

Hi!

Has anyone tried setting the max-height and max-width properties with css? I'n trying with this but the element make a funny jump if you try to resize them manually. Of course I won't be able to resize them, but still seems like there is something that's not right. 

Badge +1
And this doesn't work. It seems there is another element on top and when resizing the canvas it will be pushed back towards the centre as it had the old dimensions.