Changes to infopath form.

• 29 September 2009
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I am working on my first process. I hvae an infopath form i was working on and things were going good. Ithe process/flow was comming together but I need to make a change to the form. I had to change the position of a couple of fields and add a view. So I opened infopath and made my changes saved and re-pibliched.  Now I can not seem to ke K@ studion to see thos changes and if i open the form up from sharepoint it is till the previous version.  i have gone into K2 studion and tried any and every refresh i could find. Evne wneth through a few wizards again.

How can i get the new form in sharepoint and part of my process?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

You can delete the infopath integration and also delete the inofpath templates folder in the Solution Explorer. Recreate the integration with the updated template.

Vernon

Badge +3

Can you eplain what you mean by "delete the infopath intergration."

Is this something that has to be done everytime I make a change tot a form?

Badge +11
Did you edit and publish the template only through K2 or did you edit and publish outside of K2.  If you do it inside of K2 using the wizards then everything will be in sync automatically.
Badge +3

I Created, edited and published the form from infipath. Then I created my processes and deployed if via k2.  Noticed i needed to make a change so i opened infopath made my change a republished the form. No I am trying to the changes to show up on my site and in the process..

How do you edit the form from k2?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Run through the InfoPath integration and there where you specify the template to use, there will be a design button. You can edit the template from there.

vernon

Badge +3

I was about to post that i had found the desgin button when i read your post.  Thanks.

I get an error when I click on the design button though...

"The form template cannot be opened in the InfoPath designer, because InfoPath is not installed on the machine."

I have infopath 2007 installed...  I am on an x64 machine could that make a difference?

Badge +3
Just installed k2 studio on my (super slow) 32bit system and it works... I can click the design button.  So is there a fix for 64bit or am I stuck with 32 for now?
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I think the problem comes in to play when running K2 32bit and Infopath 32bit on a 64bit system. You will have to install K2 64bit versions. The reason I think this is the installation path which changes on a 64 bit system to Program Files (x86) due to the 32bit installation. The K2 64 bit version should be able to handle the path change.

vernon

Badge +3
Thanks  I will give that a shot and post back.