I have a Nintex workflow that changes the title column existing text to "false" once the workflow is complete. Here's a summary what I've got, although half the time I'm just clicking buttons to see what it does, to disclaim my level of expertise:
1. Main Nintex Form has a column with 3 choices as a task outcome: N/A, WIP, 100%
2. The Nintex workflow has a flexi task with 2 branches: N/A (ends the WF), and WIP/100% (stays open for editing until 100% completion is reached). I'm using flexi task because it's the only option that allowed me to create a Nintex Form in the Task Content Type.
3. In the Nintex form for this flexi task I've added "Save" button for WIP which disables the "Submit" button. Once the task is completed, I've added a rule that enables the "Submit" button (while it disables "Save"). This is the only option I could figure out to keep the task open without committing to a final outcome. I've found other alternatives which may (or may not) require knowledge of java script which it's not an option.
4. Everything works fine, all columns and fields are connected, the rules are simple and straight forward, the FT Nintex form includes fields from the main Nintex form but as display mode, etc.
5. Problem is: No matter what outcome I pick, when the workflow is complete, the title field updates to "false". I need this column to be visible on the library but I feel like I've exhausted my options.
Is there someone that can help me figure this out, please?
are you talking about the title column of the list the workflow is running on or the title column of the task list?
Do you have any actions in your workflows that could potentially update any of these columns? I have never seen a workflow randomly updating any column (and i've seen quite a lot of Nintex workflows in SharePoint :P)
Can you maybe share/upload the workflow here so we can check what is going on? If you want to debug the workflow yourself I recommend to have a look at the workflow progression. This will enable you to check the value of your title column after every workflow step to see when it changed.
Hi Philipp, I'm talking about the title column of the list the workflow is running on. This title column shows up again in the Flexi Task Nintex form but as a display field only, along with other columns/fields from that library, all in display mode, and at the bottom of this task form I have the actions required from the user. I have similar workflows that have the same scenario, but none of them have gone weird like this.
I'm not able to share the workflow, unfortunately... But here's a screenshot of how the title updates once the workflow is done. Where you see "false" was originally "L2 - Decklid". And I have nothing updating the library title column or the flexi task title.
I think I'll try debugging it. I just don't know how! Can you give me directions on how to do this?
Thank you for taking the time to response. Much appreciated.