K2 Studio: Change Project and Process Name

• 19 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hey everyone.

Got a quick question. 

Is there a simple way to change the Project and Process name (that was created in K2 Studio)?  We are still figuring out how we would like naming conventions to go and I was able to change the form name in the designer etc but unsure how to change the Project and Process name so the change will reflect in Workspace.

11569i7B4B423C38E8EAFE.png
14367iB44B9607B3A96200.png

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

If you would like to change the Process name in K2 Studio you can double click on the start activity for your workflow on the canvas and this will bring up the Process General Properties. If you change the name here and finish out the wizard it will change the process file name. See screenshot below:

17163iE49A5C3F40322D86.png

To change the Project name you can right click on the Project in the Solution Explorer of K2 Studio and it will give you a rename option in the right-click menu. See Screenshot below:

12584i9F8838C3B56507CC.png

Now, you have changed the name of the project and process but, these will not update in workspace until you have deployed the workflow again with the new name. However, as a note, due to the way the naming convention works in Workspace after name change and deployment you will still see the old name for the project and process in addition to the newly named project. If you would like to eliminate the old named project and process you can drill down into the Versions page after you expand out the process in workspace and click on the delete process button. Screenshot below:

14084i09964BED47F53719.png

Be cautious with this, it will permenantly delete the process from the K2 server. You can always redeploy again to add it to the server again if you make a mistake. However you will lose all of the past process isntance information.

Regards,

Evan

Badge +5

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

I tried renaming it in the Studio (right clicking on left pane), and ran into issues becuase of all of the references.  This should be a good way for me to double check. 

Thanks again :)