Solved

This site hasn't been shared with you on Task Form

• 20 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

Hi guys,

I´m having issues with a task form and I don´t know what to do anymore.

1. I have a list called processes. It manages giving out phones in our company.
    Each processes has a Date of Delivery and a receiving User
  2. Once the Date of Delivery has been set, the receiving User is prompted (via Mail / task) to confirm he received the phone.
  3. When the user accesses the task, he gets the "Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you" message

The user can

• See the task item in the list and has permissions to edit it (contribute on the list)
  • See the process item (read permissions on the item directly)

Changing the users permissions doesn´t change anything.
Only if permissions on the task are updated to read-only, the issue message says that "you need edit permissions in order to execute the task".

Tasks assigned to others users can be seen. When accessing it it says "You are not authorized to respond to this task" which is expected.

I tried adding new Task Lists, Workflow History lists, giving the user Full-Control.

Even making my test user a site collection administrator doesn´t solve the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Tarf 27 May 2021, 13:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try giving permissions (Collaborate) on the list named processes

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you tried with another user?

Badge +8

Hi @fhunth,

thanks for your help!

I have tried with three users:

TestUser1: Can open the task form without problems

TestUser2: Can´t open the task form and gets the mentioned error

TestUser3: Same as 2

Updating the permissions on "processes" to contribute does not change the behaviour.

TestUser1 was used during development of the workflow. From when we started, permissions on all levels (site, lists, items) have been changed a few times. The other two users first accessed the site during final testing.

All Test users are members of the same group and don´t have any special permissions somewhere else. I fear that by playing around with the permissions, inheritance on some hidden list or so is broken and I can´t fix it.

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Perhaps I could help you if you share your screen with me on a meeting.

Write me to fhunth@gmail.com

Badge +12

@Tarf ...what about the Master Page library and Styled Resources...do they have custom permissions?

Also, have you tried in other browsers? Have you tried to clear cache, form data, password, etc., and close all the browser sessions and open a fresh new session?

Badge +8

Hi @kunalpatel,

I haven´t checked the master page library or styled resources but am sure I didn´t mess with them.

This strange behaviour happens on multiple devices, with multiple users using different browsers on multiple days.  

I rebuilt the whole thing in a new site collection and now it works. I don´t know whats messed up with the old one 🙂