Solved

Uninstalling and reinstaling K2

• 4 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello, as I am unable to get K2 to work properly  (having tried to  configure & repair many many times and did try what suggestions I found on this site)  I'm thinking of completely uninstalling K2 and full reinstalling it. Repair did not solve the issues so this seems to be the only option. When I run Configuration analysis, it is all green and good, but I'm not even able to open the designer as I get config.sys errors and this is one of many many issues I ran into.

I was able to create a package of the application I created so I assume once I reinstall K2 and if it happens to work, I'll be able to deploy the package and start where I left off?

Is there any way to re-setup IIS settings alone as it looks like that is where the problems are (config.sys and IIS settings)? As I mentioned, repaid did not fix it. 

Thanks

Milan

icon

Best answer by Albarghouthy 4 May 2018, 23:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Milan,

Please contact K2 Support to investigate the issues you're experiencing.

Answers to your questions:

Yes, you can deploy the package

Also, if the problem is not in the K2 DB, you can reinstall K2 using the same DB.

For the IIS settings, remove the K2 site and the AppPool before reinstalling K2 

Required IIS Settings 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.7/default.htm#Prepare/SCC/IIS.htm

Regards,

Mustafa