Not applicable

The task is no longer active. Another user may have already completed the task.

Keep getting this email from the SharePoint site.

SharePoint 2013

Nintex build Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.0.8.0) - English

Workflow has completed

The task and workflow instance are deleted.

Stopping the 'Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Incoming E-Mail' service stops the email, but they start right back up when it is restarted.

Initial workflow did not have an 'end workflow' task, but was subsequently edited to include it.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Dale

6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: The task is no longer active. Another user may have already completed the task.

Is this reminder comes from Nintex or it comes from SharePoint ? maybe you somehow put a reminder on your sharepoint list ?

Can you do  a screen capture of your email ?

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Design Dabbler

Re: The task is no longer active. Another user may have already completed the task.

Dale,

The fact that the original workflow did not have an End Worflow action in it, should not have necessarily made a difference. A workflow will end, as silly as it sounds, when it finishes with nothing else to do. Generally you only need to put in an End Workflow action to prematurely end a workflow if you need it to higher up in the process tree for logical reasons.

Who is receiving the message? Is it someone (I assume) that had been assigned a task to complete?

Have a look at your ULS Sharepoint logs to see if it can give any clues.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Understood, just thought to mention the ‘end workflow’ task to be sure it ended.

Usually used for early termination within the workflow.

I do not see what the ULS logs will get us. The task is completed. The workflow is completed. Both items were deleted, along with the original list and I (the task owner) am still getting alerted that the task is no longer active. It shouldn’t be, but I do not need to be alerted to that every minute.

I have opened a ticket with Nintex support.

Regards,

Dale

Dale Pratz

Senior SharePoint Administrator

McKnet & SharePoint

Dale.Pratz@McKesson.com<mailto:Dale.Pratz@McKesson.com>

404-338-4017 – Telephone

770-490-7520 – Cell

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Maybe try to delete your site and site collection recycle bins.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi, Dale Pratz​,  Eric Harris replied to this in our weekly google hangout. We'll post a link here later for you to peruse!

0 Kudos
mary_liu
Design Dabbler

any answer? I have the same problem.

0 Kudos