Redirect not working

• 11 September 2017
  • 25 replies

Badge +7

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?

I have been fighting with trying to get this form to redirect for far too long now and I can not get it to work. I have tried to use the redirect after submit in the web part, that did not work. I have tried to use custom JavaScript and a function in the client click on the button and that is not working. I have tried putting the redirect URL directly on the button in client click and that is not working. I have also tried to use the redirect within the form settings itself and that is not working. Any thoughts as to what my issue is??

Thanks!!

207448_pastedImage_1.png

207455_pastedImage_2.png

207456_pastedImage_3.png

207457_pastedImage_4.png

25 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

forms settings' redirect URl should definitely work...

what does 'not working' exactly means? do you get an error? does it redirect back to list? does the form submits (create an item) at all?

Badge +7

I have my form being filled out with a nintex form web part. The item gets submitted to the list correctly, but then rather than redirecting to the URL I want it to redirect to, it always just goes back to the home page of the site. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it should work either.

can you check whether you do not have configured (orphaned) redirect in form settings or submit button settings?

or maybe export and save your existing form and try to generate brand new default form and test with it?

Badge +7

What do you mean by "have not configured redirect in for settings"?

Badge +7

I exported and deleted my form and tested with the default form, it still does not redirect. I also upgraded my forms to the newest version so now I have the redirect on the button option and that doesn't redirect either. Ugh!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

see you 2nd screenshot from original post.

in form settings >> advanced there is a 'Redirect URL' field.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is the page you redirect to working, resp. accessible to the user who submits an item?

can you maybe try with some publicly available page like google, microsoft...

can you try to redirect to an URL within the same site?

Badge +7

The redirect I am trying to get to work is a page within the same site. I tried google and it still did not redirect. I tried opening my form from the list by clicking new item and after I clicked "save", the buttons on the toolbar grayed out and the form went away but the page did not change. I have redirects working on other sites so I can not figure out what is wrong here. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is it a page stored in SitePages library?

then you could try to reference just its name without URL path, eg

207554_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

great thought but this did not work either. sad.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you post what URL it generated?

and did it go to your default page again or did it report error?

Badge +7

no error, it just navigated back to my home page on the subsite that my list and form are on. 

Badge +7

Okay, I imported my form back. It now will redirect correctly when I open it from the list but not from the webpart. 

Badge +3

I have just completed a redirect on Save.  I didnt update the button but updated the Settings on the form. The Advanced section has a redirect URL.  When you click save, it returns to the home page that user started from.  The save button is OOB and had no changes to it.

The issue I am having it to display a "thank you" message when the validation has been completed and then it returns the user to the home page.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you run your page with webpart with developer console open to see whether there are not reported any errors?

Badge +3

I don’t think I have access to the developer console. I am the end user creating my own forms and workflow

Thanks,

Sandy

Sandy Koch, BB&T Vice President

Enterprise Data Office

Wilson, NC

252-246-5046 (work)

252-373-9293 (mobile)

skoch@bbandt.com<mailto:skoch@bbandt.com>

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I addressed my post to Leah, however, dev console is part of the browser.

simply press F12 and it pops up.

Badge +7

I didn't even think of trying that!

Here is what IE's console said:

207602_pastedImage_1.png

Here is what I got on Chrome:

207603_pastedImage_2.png

I am not sure if these have anything to do with the issues I am having but I will do some research on this. Any insight you have to these would be helpful! 

Badge +7

Sandy, are you trying to get the user to be redirected to a new page after submit as well? Or what are you wanting to have happen?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

those are just warnings, they should have no impact.

juat to be sure, have you opened the console before you navigated to the page?

and have you hit submit as well?

Badge +3

My Save button saves with no validation and redirects the user back to the Page I created with the 2 lists they need to complete.

My Submit button has validation and I want to send them the Thank you page and then redirect them back to the Page with the 2 lists.

My Cancel button display the cancel message and sends them back to the Page with the 2 lists

Thanks,

Sandy

Enterprise Data Office

Wilson, NC

252-246-5046 (work)

252-373-9293 (mobile)

Badge +3

There were no errors just a couple of warning messages

Thanks,

Sandy

Enterprise Data Office

Wilson, NC

252-246-5046 (work)

252-373-9293 (mobile)

Badge +3

I think I found another article on what I need to do. https://community.nintex.com/thread/10645

Thanks,

Sandy

Enterprise Data Office

Wilson, NC

252-246-5046 (work)

252-373-9293 (mobile)

Badge +4

Hi Sandy,

I can confirm your problem. I have the same. I tried this solution (http://johnliu.net/blog/2011/6/17/infopath-2010-close-the-browser-window.html) because I want to close the dialog window after saving.

But redirect url does not work either for me.

Instead of there happens a redirect to the newform.aspx.

After that I have to close the window with the x button on the right upper corner. :-(

I open the modal window (Dialog) with the window.open JavaScript method :

window.open('Website-URL/Lists/PosNr/NewForm.aspx?Source=Website-URL/Lists/PosNr/AllItems.aspx&RootFolder=&isDlg=1','_blank', 'width = 920, height=1100, top=0, left=0')

It works fine but after saving the dialog does not more close... If I create a new form in the list everything works. But from another Nintex form not...

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as clarified in the other question, button redirect from within list form webpart is not yet implemented feature.

redirect on a webpart 

there is a request on uservoice which you can vote for

Use Custom Redirect from Form in List Form Webpart – Customer Feedback for Nintex