SBrady
Canvas Initiate

Terminating a running workflow on a document set when a document within is changed?

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

So I have a document set workflow that runs only on 'content type = Document Set'. I'm building a second workflow for the documents therin that is intended to monitor for changes within the document set. It's intent is to stop the running workflow on the document set itself if a document is altered in anyway. 

I know that i can learn which document set the document is from via some regex and some itemURLS, but is there an easy way to terminate the document set workflow from a separate workflow?

Thanks a bunch for your time!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eharris04
Workflow Hero

Re: Terminating a running workflow on a document set when a document within is changed?

Jump to solution

You should be able to use terminate workflow and then reference the workflow by name for it to terminate

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SBrady
Canvas Initiate

Re: Terminating a running workflow on a document set when a document within is changed?

Jump to solution

Thanks a bunch, while i couldn't reference the workflow by name from the terminate workflow action (perhaps due to my version?) I used a webservice to do the same thing, so thank you!

0 Kudos