Known issue: Responsive forms and the SQL request control

• 5 October 2017
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi,

In case anyone has or will run into this issue, I provide some public service her. There is a known and confirmed bug in the SQL request control on responsive forms.

Even though I configure it to use custom select message:

When rendered it set all controls to index 1 (first item) instead of the custom select:

The bug fix has been put in pipeline at Nintex, but there is no ETA on the fix sadly.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks for raising the issue ‌. I will speak to the development team.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Hi Euan Gamble, I didn't make it quite clear, but the reason I wrote "known issue" is because it is already in pipeline, I was told, as I have raised a case with nintex support. Case number 00184840

This post was merely info to my public workflow designers :-)

But there is no fix date yet, so if you can push for a fix it would be great. Cannot be that hard to fix I believe.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Martin Lysgaard‌,

Fixes can be relatively easy but it is the integration/behaviors with other controls and rules which can then extend the testing time. It appears the issue exists across both designers and is not isolated to responsive forms.

Ive had a chat to the development team and will see when we can schedule it in.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Hi

Is it in anyway possible for the dev team to come up with approximate ETA, are we talking days, weeks, months?

Reason I am pushing on, is that i am in the process of changing our forms from Infopath to Nintex forms, and just recently purchased an Enterprise license upgrade for the sole purpose of getting the SQL Request control, which as is, is useless to us, because consequences of having index 1 instead of 0 default selected can be directly linked to extra costs, so for the time being we cannot push new forms to production.

Kind regards,

Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

I have requested an ETA from the team and will  let you know when I get more details.

Cheers,
Euan