Workfow Approval Path/History on Form

• 27 July 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi Everyone, 

I am trying to find a way to get the history of an approval process to appear at the bottom of the form that kicked of the process. This way, approvers can see who has approved or rejected the item at each stage of the process. However, we do not want to use Sharepoint and everything that I have seen along these lines has been very Sharepoint driven. Below is an image of what we currently have using Winshuttle. We want to achieve the same functionality with K2. Any ideas?14721i748F313645A9C9D4.png

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi John

I usually resort to creating my own approval history smartobject for the process (e.g. a SQL database table, or a SharePoint list). When a task is created in the workflow I create a corresponding approval history record (just before creating the task), and then update it when the task is actioned (either on the form or in the workflow). The data for the process instance can then be displayed on a from in a list view.

K2 does have the Activity Instance Destination smartobject, but it wont give you the comments and uses the AD account name, not display name, for the Destination.

4.6.10 now has a Comments and Attachments feature, but I'm not sure this will address this requirement.