Solved

Task form attachments.

• 23 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +6

Hi all,

How to get the attachemnts which approvers are attached in task forms in sharepoint on premise.

Regards,

Hema

icon

Best answer by emha 23 July 2018, 23:47

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you want to get them from within workflow?

or do you want to see them from source item?

Badge +6

Hi Marian,

I am looking for both the options.

Regards

Hema

Badge +11

Please see this for reference:  

Marian Hatala has added the links where you can find this information.

Badge +6

Hi Kapil,

I already referred the above link. using that i am able to get attachments in source list. But not from task attachments.

In below image as you can see we have to enter the listName. There i am not getting option to enter the task list name. If i hard code the name of workflow task list web service is failing.

Badge +11

Hema,

Have you tried adding the name of the list in the variable and then referencing that variable in the listName parameter? The Web service should work as explained by Vadin here.

Nintex Workflow - Get Attachment Urls UDA - Vadim Tabakman 

Badge +6

Hi Kapil,

I dint try by saving the name into a variable, instead I directly wrote in list name section. I will try your suggestion.

I have one more doubt in vadim’s link, do I need to install the file .uda?

Regards,

Hema

Badge +11

If you are creating your own web service and query XML action, then you do not need Vadim's UDA. The UDA includes web service and query XML actions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what error do you get for task list?

web service call configuration is quite straightforward

note this webservice method returns just attachment  links. to get attachment's content itself you'll have to use following Vadim's UDA - Nintex Workflow - Get List Item Attachment in Base64 Custom Action (Happy Thanksgiving) - Vadim Tabakman 

so that's about how to get either task's attachments links or content into workflow.

to be able to access task's attachments from source list item, you can either populate (all the) links into a field (typically rich enabled multiline text field), or you can copy over whole attachments (content). for details see the link Kapil Joshi‌ posted above

https://community.nintex.com/message/82304-re-task-form-attachments?commentID=82304#comment-82302 

Badge +2

Hi I am looking for the similar solution. However it seems that the link for Vadim's site not present or its broken. Anyone has the correct link or the copy of this solution please?
http://vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-get-attachment-urls-uda.aspx