murphybp2
Cloud Wanderer

Re: Task Delegation

Is there not a way in central admin to disable delegation? (I'm not an admin so I don't know the options)  

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

In our organization, when employees are on leave or travel they request me to delegate if they are out unexpectedly. I'm a site collection admin so I can do it for them.

0 Kudos
bananeonline
Nintex Newbie

yes, how can we do this? (I think the problem is, that the most people didn't understand what I want to have)

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

No I totally get it - need to look when I'm on my computer to get the actual link - will post it tomorrow x

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi, 

yes, as ‌ says, in Central Administration there is a settings to disable long-term delegation:

the screenshot below is from a SP2016 environment but I remember that a similar settings was available also on previous SP and Nintex version

Long Term Delegation

cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Correct me if I am wrong ‌ but here's how I understand your requirements:

• you do want your users to be able to use long term delegation
  • you do want certain approvals to be able to be delegated
  • but those where "allow delegation" is not ticked - you don't want those to be auto-delegated as part of long term delegation?
0 Kudos
bananeonline
Nintex Newbie

yes, that's exactly what I want 🙂

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Good  I thought so and it seems perfectly reasonable to me.  if you have not allowed delegation then this process seems to be going over your head on that decision which is a little ridiculous to say the least!

https://nintex.uservoice.com/ is where you can search for ideas and vote them up.

I have posted your idea here:

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229405-1-nintex-workflow-for-sharepoint/suggestions/18428662-lon...

feel free to add votes to this.

0 Kudos