Help a frustrated newbie?

• 16 March 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We've just gotten Blackpoint up and running, and i'm trying to reproduce some of our Sharepoint Designer workflows in K2 in order to get a handle on the product. We have various implementations of the below scenario in many different sharepoint designer workflows and i've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to make it happen in Blackpoint.  

My question is, how do I build the following scenario:

Sharepoint Integration Process

·         Process is started when a new item is created in List A (I've got this one figured out, piece of cake!)

·         Search column “Modified By” in List B for the value of “Created By” from the current list item in List A (the item the process was started on)

·         Return value of “PC Name” from List B where the search found the search term (so this should be only one row)

·         Update List A “Some Column” with lookup results

I’ve scoured the K2underground boards, and help files, etc etc, I can’t figure out how to make this happen. I’ve tried making List B into a smartobject and calling “Get List” with my filter term on the “Modified By” column, I’ve messed with the sharepoint search event, but i've been completely stumped on it.

I just don’t know what I’m doing!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2 replies

Badge +8

You are on the right track with the smartobject approach.  If you have a smartobject for list B you can call the get list method and use values from the list item that started the process as input parameters so as to filter the results.  I am not sure what issue you are running into with that approach.  That is the way i would do it. 

As for updating a list item you could use a smartobject call or you could just use the SharePoint List Item wizard.

I hope this helps.

-Eric 

Badge +1

Thanks Eric. In the end, I was using the SmartObject URL incorrectly. I needed to just pass the url of the base sharepoint site, as opposed to the URL all the way in to the list.

I've got my process working now.