Smartform Approval Page - Remove Auto generated 'instruction' column

• 15 October 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

please see screenshot

we want to remove column - Instructions that is auto generated by k2 workflow, i cannot find any way to do that.

11656iB8F68BD20F3B3F79.png

6 replies

Badge +9

I am only just starting to learn smartforms, but I did read this recently in their documentation... That view cannot be changed.  If you wish to make any changes, you'll need to make a custom view and manually set the rules for it and such.

When you use this approach, note that K2 will insert a proprietary Control into the
Form to capture the user’s input. While you can style the control and change its location, you cannot
customize the layout and information of this control. If you prefer a different input style to allow the user to
complete their task. You will need to define the workflow integration Rule Actions manually.

Source: http://help.k2.com/k2lm-100yyz.aspx#

Badge +7

ok i understand that part
but is it possible that we put some instructions on blank text box next to instructions

i am not even able to figure out that part

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Are you designing your workflow in K2 studio or in the designer?

I am not aware of any way to set the instruction field through K2 studio which is weird but you can do it if you are using the designer.

Badge +7

Hi Mustafa,

we are using K2 Studio to design workflow, and blank text box looks confusing to user

i wish we can find a way to either remove it completely or add some instructions to it atleast.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Try the following:

double click on the Activity that contains the client event and add description, I believe that the description will be in the instructions field.

Let me know the results please

Badge +7

works like a Charm, Thanks Mustafa

16923i206E5D1DC00EAB90.png