Full Control Site Collection Admin Can't develop workflows??

• 20 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have an on premises SharePoint 2013 farm. I setup a host named site collection for a user and made him a site collection administrator. He can see 'Workflow Settings' in the ribbon but its disabled. I then granted him Full Control on the site collection and he still can't see an enabled workflow settings.

We use a branded version of Nintex but from what I've read everything is enabled at the site collection and site level that needs to be for the workflows to be available. In fact, Myself (Site owner and Farm Admin) and the other workflow developers are able to see an enabled workflow settings. Is there a setting in Central Administration that I'm missing?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Navigate to site settings > Nintex workflow > Allowed workflow designers and see if the user is a member of any of the groups listed.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks for chiming in ! Yes, he is a member of a couple of groups in that collection of groups.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Well this is solved. This user was added to an AD group that was given read only persmissions on the web application level. This overrides permissions on the site colelctions. Removed from that top level AD group and all is well.