Solved

Can you add multiple views or forms for the same list in nintex ?

• 30 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

What am trying to creat a multi level state machine work flow, for each level there has to be different forms. For example normal user will see and fill some info, manager , director, HR, accounts will see and fill some extra data.

Regards

Kannan

icon

Best answer by Warwick 30 January 2017, 06:35

View original

5 replies

Badge +9

Two options - You can have multiple forms on a list, each form is tried to a content type, so adding multiple content types allows multiple forms, and as the process goes you can change content type associated and user will get a different form. You will be required to maintain multiple forms in this case.

Option two is to use a status column to drive what is shown on the form, using panels with rules to hide what isn't relevant at the certain point in the process.

Badge +5

Thanks Warsick I will try that. do you have a video or article for the same ?

currently I am testing the form by putting a panels and disabling controls based on groups.

fn-IsMemberOfGroup('groupname').

Sorry my Questions may look basic, I have only started the trials a couple of days back.

Regards

Kannan

Badge +6

Hey Kannan,

I thinkWarwick Ward has already brought you on the right track and to use fn-IsMemberOfGroup('groupname') is also a good approach! :-)

I found two good articles about showing and hiding controls with Nintex Forms, maybe that helps:

Show or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms 

Best regards,

Jan

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Can I go ahead and mark ‌ response as correct, or did you want to? What he described is the closest you will get to having "views" at the moment.

Badge +5

Hi mike , sorry I haven't got a chance to test it as it is the weekend here in Dubai. I will update it on Sunday.

Regards

Kannan

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>