Suspended Workflow Delay Until Date

I have a workflow that routes a list item for approval to 3 different levels. On the 3rd level the workflow keeps getting suspended with the below error message and I cannot figure out why as it does not happen every time. I have about 10 items that it keeps happening on and I have been able to get 9 of them to go through by terminating the workflow and starting it over from the beginning but 1 continues to fail. (It took multiple attempts to get the others to go through.)

RequestorId: ab792796-6574-13d1-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: The DelayUntil date cannot be DateTime.MinValue. at Microsoft.Activities.Expressions.DelayUntil.Execute(NativeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity DelayUntil Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.DelayUntil PickBranch Pick If Sequence While Wait for Task Sequence SingleTask_CreateListItemCancellationScope Sequence Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.OperatingWebContextScope NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_f6a19ad8_fae9_46e2_88bb_539a99b9e906 Assign to AP Approved ControlFlowStep Assign to GM Submit for Approval ControlFlowStep Assign to Ordering Manager Sequence If While State Machine Sequence Flowchart SWG CAP AP WORK FLOW REVISED.WorkflowXaml_c399eaf7_ee60_457a_a9c1_6dc7efa6950f

4 replies

It sounds like you might have a "Pause Until" step.  Is it possible it is using a field or variable which is uninitialized or sometimes can return DateTime.MinValue?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Seems like there's a case where DelayUntil evaluates to DateTime.MinValue. I'd start by double checking how the value for DelayUntil is calculated.
Any idea how to do that?
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
I'd have to see the solution. If it's a variable, then you can check how the value is calculated. Otherwise, David's approach is the way to go. Good luck!