Using a Collection Variable and creating individual Flexi Tasks

• 19 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi, we have collected a list of email addresses and stored in a Collection Variable

We are then wanting to create separate individual task for each email address.

192139_pastedImage_2.png

The problem is that the "Assign Flexi Task" step assigns a task to the first person in the collection, and then waits for their response before the loop then initiates the second Flexi Task.

How can I workflow to create all the flexi tasks at once without this sequential wait? Basically I want the loop to run without waiting for each task to reply.

PS: I have also tried to use the "Create individual tasks for all group members" Tick box in the Flexi Task and set the assignee as the entire Site Collection Variable. The task is created, but it doesn't seem to create separate tasks. As soon as the 1st person responds, everyone else gets an email to say "Response no longer required" .... this means everyone has the same task instead of individual??

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I think, the approach you described in 'PS' is correct one, you just need to change 'Behavior' to fits your needs, eg to all must agree.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi, if you have a fixed quantity of approvers you can use a parallel action 

Badge +3

Hi, thanks, but I don't think so.

the outcome of one person should not affect anyone else. I don't want Majority, or "All must agree".

each individual is able to choose their own outcome individually.

the only way I can see to do this, is to have individual separate tasks created

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, then you might want to look on this thread  

Badge +3

hi, yes we could, if it was a fixed number.

however, this is doing a lookup from a list and getting a random number of assignees. I cant create a parallel action as far as I know which will "expand" as needed.

This is why I'm trying to use "For Each" logic in a collection variable. Surely this has been done before? or similar?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you read throughout the whole thread?

specifically from this comment https://community.nintex.com/thread/10752#comment-34409 on?

once you identify the list of assignees into collection, you will iterate through them but instead of directly assigning flexi task you should start child workflow that do assign the task.