Tigryapa
Canvas Initiate

Storing approval comments and attachment on the nintex form for next approver

Hello, i was wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction. I am building state machine workflow with nintex responsive forms and multi stage approval tasks. The workflow is as follows: 

1.  Create a request with basic information on the form (this kicks off the approval process)

2. Task is created (email is generated) to approve a form with comments and attachments from approver

3. Form is approved/rejected which kicks off another task for another approver to approve or reject with comments. 

Is there a way to include the comments and attachments from step 2 (1st approver) onto the form for the second approver to see and review before they approve the form? 

Or is there a way to move the same form through the approval stages with comments and approvals accumulating on the same form? So far I am creating two different forms for two different approval tasks. 

I am using Nintex forms for SharePoint (not 365) if this matters. Appreciate anyone's help on this!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kchaluvadi
Workflow Veteran

Re: Storing approval comments and attachment on the nintex form for next approver

Hi,

Yes, it is doable, follow the below steps:

• Create a column, "Approver Comments" in your list with multiline text.
  • In the workflow after completion of every task action, an "Update Item" action, and set approver comments as shown below
  • NW-ApproverComments.png
  • Add the "Approver Comments" column to your Nintex form whereever you want to show, make it as "Read-only"

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Tigryapa
Canvas Initiate

Re: Storing approval comments and attachment on the nintex form for next approver

Thank you, this worked!

0 Kudos
kchaluvadi
Workflow Veteran

Glad to know it helped, please mark it as accepted solution so that it is helpful to the community,

0 Kudos