401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Badge +6

Suddenly ALL of our Nintex forms for Office 365 have begun displaying this Server error message. This has begun affecting all our schools that use Nintex forms for data collection. Can someone let us know what is the cause of this and how to troubleshoot?

Frank Field Eric Harris Pavel Svetleachni

Any help is much appreciated!

As always when/if I find a solution.  I will update the post with details so it will help others should they have the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Swetha

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Swetha, a few other posts (including one of mine) on same topic.

My guess is that it is tied to the Office 365 / Azure outage that occurred this morning.  The O365 / Azure outage appears to have been resolved with Microsoft, but the "connection" with Nintex seems to be broken.

Badge +6

Excellent and thanks for the quick response Brent Ellis.

Helps to know that it is not due to using my Active Directory credentials for workflow/forms. On that same note, do you know any best practice method for 'Starting a workflow' with credentials?

Is it preferable to setup a separate account for Nintex forms/workflow start purposes.

Let us knwo gurus out there. We Nintexers are counting on you! silly.png

www.swethasankaran.com

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We have created O365 Service Account for starting workflows, doing profile queries, or other types of queries, where only us "admins" know the credentials and can enter them on behalf of other users should they need to develop with a standard service credential

Badge +6

That is awesome Brent. You rock!
Thanks for sharing that nugget of very useful information. I will try to request for the same in my organization.

www.swethasankaran.com

Badge +6

No worries. It happens as long as its solved quickly we are fine silly.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

oh man, I am waving the panic flag, I have a demo in 2 hours for my CEO and top directors......i could get by ignoring the mobile, but now none of it works

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Ya, I understand, it happens, but why today of all days!  (Murphy's law - Wikiquote))   confused.png

Badge +6

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! We are back in business folks. Enjoy your pretty forms! Thanks Frank Field​ and all the folks who got out of bed to fix this for the www. We owe you one hot cup of coffee when you come this way. happy.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I kid you not, it all came back up for us right before my demo (with a LOT of important people in it), and went amazingly, hallelujah! 

Kudos to the team for tackling a big challenge

Badge +6

Ha! I told it'll all be OK. Glad it went well. With lots of 'important' people. happy.png Good luck and Nintex support as always rocks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Info like this helps the community rock. grin.png

Badge +6

We are rockstars helping each other and grow together eh!!! This is also why I love Nintex connect. happy.pngMike M

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Agreed grin.png