Starting workflow via update item

Hello,

I'm having some problems in my sharepoint workflows and I wonder if someone here can help me fix this.

I have a workflow A in list A that starts on item creation and modified, this workflow creates a item in list B. When the users attachs something to the item in list B it runs a workflow B that updates the item in list A.

This triggers workflow A again (as it should do) but it gets stuck in starting status for like 30 minutes - 1 hour (after this time the workflow runs normal with no error messages), if I update the item manually the workflow runs with no problems at all.

Someone have some ideas to what may be happening when I update the item from another workflow?

I saw a similiar post on this forum but it's from 2017 and it's not solved, that's why I created this new post.

Thanks for the help!

2 replies

Badge +7

I have found, and been advised by Nintex support, that adding a at the beginning of a workflow resolves a myriad of bizarre behaviors. 

I had a workflow that was duplicating all the actions when it was called by another workflow, but worked perfectly when it was started manually.  Adding a 1 minute pause to the start of the workflow resolved the duplication error.

Since no one has offered any other solutions, try making your first action on Workflow A a 1 minute pause, and see if that resolves the issue.

@efarley wrote: five nights at freddy's

I have found, and been advised by Nintex support, that adding a at the beginning of a workflow resolves a myriad of bizarre behaviors. 

I had a workflow that was duplicating all the actions when it was called by another workflow, but worked perfectly when it was started manually.  Adding a 1 minute pause to the start of the workflow resolved the duplication error.

Since no one has offered any other solutions, try making your first action on Workflow A a 1 minute pause, and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for the detailed explanation