Do Nintex Forms work with Document Sets?

Badge +9

My system will not give me a drop down to enter a form for the initial document set. Once I'm in a Document Set, I can create a Nintex Form for the entry of documents. That's not what I need. I'd like to be able to control the entry of data and also display some fields as ReadOnly.

10 replies

Badge +7

Hi Stephan,

Currently, there's no compatibility with Document Set forms.

Here's a uservoice which is marked as "Planned" : Document Sets support (New/edit Document set) – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Badge +3

Frustrating how that entry in the uservoice is over three years old. The last Admin entry (Feb '16) stating it's important but just not our priority right now.

There seem to be many users who need this functionality. I currently have to use a forms solution purchased from another company to use with document sets#.

Badge +7

I completely agree with you.

Because document sets are one of my favorite features on SharePoint, I ended creating a side list with same columns as my document sets, which starts a workflow on creation in order to create document sets.

Pretty ugly but... sad.png

Badge +3

I had opportunity to talk about that with many Nintex employees during InspireX. Most of them said it *should* be intergrated for the next version for Nintex Form codename Zinc. Take it for what it worth....

Badge +3

Thanks for asking them. Hopefully it won't be too long. <sigh>

Badge +3

I asked the same question at InspireX -- but in 2016. Answer was: it's *definitely* coming out in the next few months. sad.png I also use this feature a lot and have to resort to ugly workarounds to do what could be an elegant and very powerful solution. Hopefully soon ... but now I'm worried this will be another Enterprise feature, not available to us Standard users.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

That was probably me. We are always juggling a lot of features and priorities but I am pleased to update we are currently looking into Document Sets (New/Edit) page. It requires a fair amount of investigation and testing as its not a standard list item form.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌. Sorry to keep you waiting for this feature. As I mentioned in this community, we have begun investigation and will be updating User Voice as we progress through the development.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

As I have mentioned in this thread, we have begun investigating Nintex Forms for Document Sets in SharePoint. Just to confirm, its the 'New Document Set' page and not the Welcome Page of the document set after it has been created correct?

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +9

I think you're right but it's been awhile. I've been on other things. I've done most of my document set work with event receivers.