cdesai
Novice

Re: Splitting existing SharePoint and Nintex Content Databases

@ankur, I know its too late to reply but solution could be to deactivate and activate Nintex workflow feature. This will update SQL DBs with your new DB ID.

cdesai
Novice

My admin. has installed Nintex WF 2013 and now Configuration database include both Config + Content Database tables. Now, is there a way to move content database table/data from Configuration database and create new Nintex WF content database?

I am reading "nwadmin.exe -o moveData..." command but not sure if this would satisfy my requirement?

0 Kudos
vayinapurapu
Novice

You may try moving the NW history to new content DB by using the nwadmin.exe moveData. I would recommend trying this TEST Environment first and validate the steps.

0 Kudos
cdesai
Novice

Hi Vinay,

I tried nwadmin.exe command and it worked successfully in test environment.

0 Kudos
vacoder
Scout

In addition to the Workflow Timer Job, you would also need to stop the Nintex Workflow Scheduler Timer Job that handles scheduled runs of workflows. Correct me if I am wrong but the main concern here is adding or updating rows in the Nintex DBs during a move operation. Any applications that read data from Nintex DBs, such as SSRS reports (in my environment)  or scheduled tasks that fire off read operations, would fail.

A high availability method for achieving this would be a good addition to this excellent overview by Ms. Billing.

0 Kudos
nicolas_irx
Novice

HI all,

We have really a lot of data to migrate from SP2013 to SP2016 and we would like to migrate sites in bunches. The problem is that the Nintex config database can only be migrated once, is that correct? Is there a way to split it up? If not, which data is lost when it's not migrated with? Is there a way to manually copy over the relevant data withing the configuration database?

Regards

Nicolas

0 Kudos
vacoder
Scout

If you are still needing a response try posting this as a question in the forums rather than a reply in the comments section. I'm sure others have done this or would like to know. Good luck!

0 Kudos