smartforms upgrade form beta 2 to 1.0

• 2 August 2012
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm having some problems after upgrading k2 smartforms beta 2 to 1.0.

First of all I upgraded following the steps described by k2 and it succeeded. But when I tried to configure the k2 configuration for sharepoint I got this error "Version string portion was too short or too long. "

After some googeling I found this post (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/da-DK/vseditor/thread/8ca4a9b0-742d-487d-ab8c-6c3a80cffd40), but unfortunetly deleting the registry keys didn't do the trick.

Well next thought was to reinstall K2 Smartforms. I created already some views and forms with the beta 2 version and would like to keep them somehow. So this brings up the next question: If I uninstall k2 smartforms are the views and forms deleted or is there any way to save them?

There should be a way to export them somehow, or not? Otherwise how would i handle a situation where i develope a form on a development machine and want to deploy the form to a productive environement?

If anyone could help me with my questions, I would really appreciate the help :)

Arna

6 replies

Badge +9

Welcome to the K2 smartforms forum. For this I would suggest logging a support ticket to ensure you get a speedy resolution.

Badge +4

Hi Arna,

I am sure if you un-install K2 smartforms it will leave the database intact. As we moved from beta 1 to beta 2 we had to un-install it then re-install beta 2 version, but it may be good to check with support first!

If you do decide to try it, I would advice taking a backup of your database and system first, just in case something does go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Gareth

Badge +9

Hi Arna, did you manage to resolve your upgrade issue?

Badge +1

Hi @ all!

Thanks for your answers.

I finally was able to resolve the problem, which was actually not caused by the smartforms upgrade.

Running the K2 repair program resolved the problem. I reinstalled smartforms and everything seems to work.

But there is still one thing that makes me wonder. Although I installed the 1.0 Version the SmartForms Designer still says Beta 2 :) Has anyone else the same issue?

Thanks again!

arna

Badge +9

Thank you for the update. You need to clear your browser cache once done
with the upgrade, this should resolve your issue

Badge +4

I recently got this same error when upgrading from K2 SmartForms version 1.0.3 to 1.0.4. Since .NET 4.5 is now a pre-req for 1.0.4, I also had to first install it, which I suspect may be the root cause. Even though the configuration analyzers reported no issues, running the repair on BlackPearl 4.6.6 resolved the issue.