Multiple Parallel approvers

• 22 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi,

Scenario:
There is a requirement for which multiple dynamic users should approve the task in parallel.

We have tried to implement the above in the following way:
1. Destination Rule – “Create Slot per Destination” and “All Slots of” in the Outcome succeeding Rule.
2. “,” delimited Approvers list will be passed as data field which will be selected in the Destination User.
3. Forward action- Redirect a task slot from one user to other user using K2 Redirect API(Through Code, not through Workspace).

Kindly provide clarifications for the below queries:
1. Can we achieve Remainders/Escalations for above scenarios.
2. Is there any "hold" functionality available in K2? Wherein any user in the group takes that action, and others won't be allowed to take any action. Only when the user release the hold, other user can work on.
3. Is there a way to forward the work list item from one user slot to other user without any modification in the Slot count? Please refer to point 3 mentioned above for reference.

Thanks,
Chetan

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi ChetanChougle,

See in line responses:

1. Can we achieve Remainders/Escalations for above scenarios.

- I believe that it is possible, escalations will remain the same in any scenario. The only thing that changes are dynamic users and their slots.

2. Is there any "hold" functionality available in K2? Wherein any user in the group takes that action, and others won't be allowed to take any action. Only when the user release the hold, other user can work on.

- If you specify 1 slot and 2 dynamic users are assigned, then the worklist item will appear on both of their worklists.

But if the item is opened by one of the users, then it will disappear from the other user's worklist.

If he releases the item, only then will it be available again for the other user. (Correct me if I am wrong, but this is standard functionality)

3. Is there a way to forward the work list item from one user slot to other user without any modification in the Slot count? Please refer to point 3 mentioned above for reference.

- I am not sure about the custom code side of this functionality, but if its possible in workspace then it sould be possible for custom code as well(unfortunatly I can not help you with that)

Regards

TheDude