K2LicenseProvider GetLicenseKey error

• 9 October 2013
  • 5 replies

Badge

I'm getting this error when I try to open a workflow.  I've edited workflows before on my pc before.  I'm using VS 2010 Ultimate and K2 4.6.5.

One or more errors occurred while tempting to open the designer.

The type initializer for "SourceCode.Framework.K2LicenseProvider" threw an exception.
at SourceCode.Framework.K2LicenseProvider.GetLicenseKey()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Design.Serialization.ProcessCodeGenerator..ctor(Process process)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process..ctor()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.DefaultProcess..ctor()

Thanks for any help in advance.

5 replies

Badge +6

Run the setup manager and use 'configure' option. Is you license still valid?

Badge

Make sure that the user you are using to open the visual studio with has admin rights on the development server. this problem can happen because the user do not have access to read the license data. it happened to one of the developers in my company 

Badge

Make sure that the user you are using to open the visual studio with has admin rights on the development server. this problem can happen because the user do not have access to read the license data. it happened to one of the developers in my company 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Drusnyder

Please do the following and advise if the error still presists

1. make sure license is valid

2. Reconfigure from installation media, . Run through the entire reconfigure.

3. Run a repair on Visual Studio components – in your installation folder.

Right click on the msi and select repair -> C:InstallK2 blackpearl 4.6.6 (4.12060.1560.0)InstallationSetupK2 for Visual Studio 2010.msi

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Drusnyder

I am doing a follow up on the issue at hand, please confirm if you were able to test the below and if the error still presists?

Please do the following and advise if the error still presists

1. make sure license is valid

2. Reconfigure from installation media, . Run through the entire reconfigure.

3. Run a repair on Visual Studio components – in your installation folder.

Right click on the msi and select repair -> C:InstallK2 blackpearl 4.6.6 (4.12060.1560.0)InstallationSetupK2 for Visual Studio 2010.msi