Site workflow to run in batches

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

HI, 

I have a request to create a site workflow for selected items (based on a condition) in a list and to update item permissions. I have 60K items in a list but the condition will filter them to about 2600. I would like to run the workflow in batches to update the item permissions. 

I have used Start ID and End ID before but this would mean running it on all the items.

Can someone please advise on update items in batches of 100 or something like it?

Thanks in advance.

Kam

3 replies

Badge +7

In your Query List step, under the Sort option, you can specify an item limit.

Badge +3
Thanks for your reply but i would like them to run the workflow in batches, this won't give us the same result.

There will be some sort of math operation involve with a pause after every hundred but can't seem to get around it.

any advise?
Badge +5

Kammasood,

You will need an integer variable (intLoopCounter) and a Set A Condition logic action within a ForEach loop. The IF logic checks the intLoopCounter at intervals of 2600 in your case. I often use 1000 or 2000.

You’ll want to set the condition: LT 2600. In this case continue processing & increment the intLoopCounter. When it EQ 2600, then you can do your pause. After the pause, reset the intLoopCounter to 0.

Hope this helps.