Solved

Site workflow to check each item in a list and count how many have a value of "no"

• 6 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a sharepoint list that tracks tasks that people need to do. Each person has their own item with their name (people picker) then  column is a question "did you submit the expense for this month" with radio button 3 choices yes, no, not yet. I want build a site workflow that counts how many items record and counts how many items have a reply of no or not yet then sends an email showing how many no's and how many not yet's.

I have never built a site workflow before (only did basic list workflows to update an item). Can any one guide me on how to build this 

icon

Best answer by kchaluvadi 6 August 2021, 15:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

If you are using Nintex for SharePoint 2013, follow the below steps (should be similar to later versions):

• click on gear icon, locate "Nintex Workflow 2013" --> "Create Site Workflow"

• This open Nintex workflow designer that looks similar when you create a list workflow

• Use "Query List" action and select the list that you want to query. 

• Apply filter for "No" and store the result in a collection variable and process the collection variable as required.

• Repeat the same steps for "Not Yet" and store the result in another collection variable and process the collection variable as required.

Hope this helps.

Badge +3

Thank you. After the query list do I need to do 2 different  collection operations to  count (do i do count or add) all the no and not yet and store the results  of the count into 2 different variables (e.g. Bariable: Total no Variable total yes?

For the email sending me the count of each do I just write the email and put the 2 variables in there?

Thank you for all your help

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

If you want to take the same action for "No", "Not Yet" response, you can use only one collection variable by modifiying the query with "OR" condition.

Then process the collection variable for counting the "No"s, and "Not Yet"s.

If you are using 2 different collections for each "No", "Not Yet", simply get the count of each collection variable.

Either way it works.