Is it possible to delete a SmartObject category and sub-categories using Powershell or API?

• 24 March 2022
  • 3 replies

In order to make sure no orphan SmartObjects is left behind when a new kspx package is installed, we would like to cleanup already created SmartObjects by simply deleting our solutions SmartObjects category - and sub categories - and preferably do it via Powershell.

Anybody know if it is possible?

3 replies

awesome, now I have searched all forum posts for just Powershell and open questions like "delete category" and "remove category".

No luck finding anything that answers my question, so if you really believe you have seen post regarding deletion of categories either through Powershell or API, it would be greatly appreciated if you can point me to that post?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Have you tried using SmartObject Service Explorer to remove the category? If I am not wrong, that tool will warn you if you have SmartObjects in the category you want to remove, and allow you to remove those SmartObjects as well.

Hi, this is the way we are doing things now, deleting category and automatically sub-cats, through the SmartObject Tester App. Everything works fine here.

We want to do the same, preferably using Powershell, during automated deployment through azure devops release.