One name field, multiple options for data input - is it possible?

• 20 February 2019
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I am creating a form where I am collecting details relating to a potential incident.

Form has a repeating section (so multiple people can be added if required) and starts with check boxes for Client, Staff, Witness, External Party.

I have a name field to follow and where the data comes for this field is dependant on which checkbox is ticked; 'Client', 'Witness' and External Party all need to be - manual input and 'Staff' - either O365 People, or List Look Up.

Do I have to create three name fields with three different controls and then use rules to determine which of the three are hidden based on checkbox selection?

Or is there an easier way altogether of achieving this? If it's not obvious I am VERY new to Nintex (yesterday).

Thanks, Kaz :-)

1 reply

Badge +17

The easiest way would be to show/hide the correct list lookup or choice based on the previous choice being Witness, Client, External Party. 

So you would have a control for each grouping. Alternatively, if you wanted, you could do a cascading lookup and then use javascript to modify the contents of the dropdown based on the choice, but its more complex and introduces js. which you would have to manage and isn't always necessary.