I have created a site workflow. It has two parallel actions. On the left branch, the workflow grabs the Item IDs of a particular list then saves each column for the List ID into a variable. It cycles through all the items in the list and prints all the variables into a table. At the end of the loop, I have one variable that contains all the items for one list. I have pasted that one variable in an email and it prints beautifully.
On the right branch, i have recreated the same exact flow. The only thing I have changed is the list that i'm pulling the IDs from and I also created new variables to store the list data.
For some reason, my right branch is not printing correctly. Let's say my list has 4 items. When i view the email notification, I can see four rows for where my variable data should be - but they are all blank.
I have no idea what the issue could be being that I mirrored the left branch!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! If there's any additional information I can provide please just let me know!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Are both branches run within one workflow start? Do you use any counter variables that might interfere with each other or might to be resetted before the second branch is starting?
One way you could test your logic to remove the right branch from the parallel action and put it beneath the first one that runs correctly. This way you can determine if your parallel logic is good or bad and adjust accordingly. Make sure you aren't sharing variables between the two steps at all, loop counters, etc...
Yes both branches are in the same workflow. Not using any counter variables. I have two Collection variables and two List Item ID variables. Everything else is a single line of text. I'm realyl stumped here. I just tried to remove my "bad" branch from the workflow and put it in its own workflow and that still didn't work. Maybe i should recreate my variables??
I just tried that (removing the branches and just putting all the actions underneath each other) and it did not run correctly. I'm still seeing my table with no data filled in. My two loops don't share any variables. I have no idea what's going on. I'm thinking to just recreate new variables - although i just don't know what that would do. Any other suggestions?
I've attached a few screenshots. One shows the entire workflow. The branch on the left if the one that is currently working. My right branch is identical except for variables. I've also included a screenshot of the results that it is printing out. The workflow is cycling through the correct list and creating rows for the correct amount of items, but for some reason my variables are populating even though i created all new variables for my right branch. I manually added the 'OK' text into the workflow to see if it was something wrong with my table set up.
Just looking at your screens, I believe your problem exists in your right branch where you are querying ID is equal to colProjectIDs, what you want to have it set to is: ID is equal to projectListItemIDs instead. This should fix your issue. I could tell this by looking at your variables because in the working branch you are setting it correctly to the variable (listItemID) but in the right branch you are accidentally setting it to the collection (colProjectIDs).
Let me know if this solves your issue and if so, please mark this answer as correct.