nutenbary
Scholar

Single email to group, showing everyone all 'To' members

Hi All,

I have a workflow sending approval request to multiple users. It's set to need only one approval.

I have their emails in a collection (also tried string) and I've turned off the "send individual notifications" checkbox. 

The issue is that and email still goes out to each approver individually, this also causes the CC'ed requester to get the approvers-count of duplicate emails. 

It seems simple, but I've scoured and don't see how to get a single email out to a group of select individuals (so this excludes AD or sharepoint groups) so that all recievers can see who else has recieved the email. 

I've considered making a temporary group in active directory or a temporary audience, but would like to avoid that if possible. 

Any insites appreciated! Thanks in advance ") 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nutenbary
Scholar

Re: Single email to group, showing everyone all 'To' members

So instead of the same email going to muliple people, one at a time like this...

1.JPG

everyone gets the same email at the same time, like this...
2.JPG

is it just not possible with the Request Approval action? Maybe it's doable with one of the other user ineraction actions?

0 Kudos
Tarf
Explorer

Hi,

you mention having their emails in a collection but also that you want to send to a group. What is the correct case?

When you have all their individual emails in a collection, you can loop over the collection and store all the variables in a single text value. (Using Build string append each email like "[mail];[yourvar]" and store in [yourvar]). If you then don´t tick the individual notifications, the mail should be sent correctly.

0 Kudos
nutenbary
Scholar

Hi Tarf, thanks for responding.

I meant to say that both methods provide the same output. Using all emails as a collection, or taking them out of the collection to a string both send singular emails like my first image in last post, despite the 'individual notifications' box being un-ticked. 

I think I used regex instead of looping, but the result was still a single string of emails. 

0 Kudos