tulip
Scholar

Showing Information from a second list when tabbing into or hovering over a field

Jump to solution

I have been using Workflow for sometime, but I am new to using Nintex Forms so apologies if this is a really simple question.

I have a requirement to have a form showing 10 different fields from a list.  Each field is a choice and can have an answer 1,2 or 3.  For each field the 1, 2, 3 represent a level of Risk but the description for level 3 risk for Field 1 is different to level 3 risk for Field 2.  The descriptions of the Risk categories are quite long and are held in a separate list on SharePoint.

Z_RiskCat.PNG

The users just want to select 1,2, or 3 but when they are on Field 1 they want the description of the risk levels to be shown on the form. I can see that I can do a list view to show the information held in the separate list, but having ALL the information for all 10 fields on the screen at the same time will be very cluttered.  I can also see that IF they wanted to show the information once the selection has been made I can use rules to do that,  but how can I show the information when they either hover or tab to the field?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chaddavis
Contributor

Re: Showing Information from a second list when tabbing into or hovering over a field

Jump to solution

I'm actually doing exactly what you're looking for on a form where we score projects.

I setup a List Lookup control for each question and then use a Calculated Value control to do a lookup based on the selection of the List Lookup.

The best way I can show you is with a bunch of screenshots.

Here's what the form looks like before the selections:

2019-02-22_14-45-18.png

And here's what it looks like when someone has made their selections:

2019-02-22_14-45-43.png

The user will need to pick a selection to see the text, but if the description doesn't meet what they need, they just change the selection to the next option until they find what they need, like so:

2019-02-22_14-39-21.png2019-02-22_14-39-36.png

2019-02-22_14-59-48.gif

The descriptions, and their choices, are kept in a separate list: 

2019-02-22_14-40-14.pngIn my case, we have a workflow that calculates a score based off their selections, but we don't want the users to know the scores, because they need to score it appropriately.

In the form, I setup the List Lookup and Calculated Value fields:

2019-02-22_14-41-15.png 

Here's the configuration of one of the List Lookup fields:

2019-02-22_14-41-37.png

And here's the settings screen for the Calculated Value field:

2019-02-22_14-42-06.png

The Calculated Value field looks up the Definition field from the Project Scoring and Risk Definitions list by the ID, which is pulled from the List Lookup field using the parseLookup function.

Hopefully that all makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos
tulip
Scholar

Re: Showing Information from a second list when tabbing into or hovering over a field

Jump to solution
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction - I wasn't aware of the lookup function - that really helped.
0 Kudos