Solved

Show filed when a value is selected in a lookup list

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

In my Form there is Lookup List Country, if Brazil is selected, then 2 additional fields need to be highlighted, it would be hidden other wise.

I am drawing a blank on the Rule that i have applied. i am using the same rule for both the fields.

not(contains(Country,"Brazil")) - BCA & Operation and Finance Responsibles.
The BCA is Obligatory is based on the section in BCA - This is working.
I have attached the part of the form.
Here we have to select the Region based on which the Country will populate and on selecting Brazil, the above 2 fields would show.
The Region and Country are List Lookups and based on the Value in Region the Country will populate for eg, if NORAM is Selected in Region, Country will only Show Canada, US and Puerto Rico and if LATAM is Selected in Region, Country will show only, Argentina, Brazil and other LATAM Countries. 
icon

Best answer by kchaluvadi 29 July 2021, 23:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi Venkat,

• Use a panel or group control and add "BCA is Obligatory" and "Operation and Finance Responsibilites" control to it.

• Update your rule - not( Country == "Brazil")  Rule Type = Formating then select the checkbox for Hide

If you dont want the above controls in panel/group, apply the rule to individual control. I would recommend to use a panel, to reduce the number of rules and thus processing time.

Badge +2

Hi kchaluvadi,

Apologies on addressing you with your user name.

I did try the solution, it did not work for me as the Nintex that i am using is not updated to O365.

However i did find a silly mistake in my formula, i had used Item Properties for Country than Named Controls.

You solution would be helpful in other site that i am working for.

Thank you for your response.

Regrads

Venkat

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi Venkat, I am glad that you were able to fix the issue. Thank you for the update.