how to keep the free text format entered in the form to show in the notification email?

Badge +4

I created a very simple check-in/ check-out list.

1. come to work, open the form to check-in

179813_pastedImage_3.png

2. finish work, come to edit the form to check-out

179818_pastedImage_8.png

3. SharePoint list view shows correctly

179817_pastedImage_7.png

4. workflow created  (run if not empty) to send out the TO-DO list

179815_pastedImage_5.png

but this is what I got....

is there a way to display the free text format exactly the same as the data user inputs on the form? thanks!

179816_pastedImage_6.png

19 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I'm currently trying to reproduce it in my environment.

Please tell me if you are in Nintex On-premises or O365 version.

Because in on-premises, I don't encountred any problem :

My column :

179819_pastedImage_1.png

The email received :

179797_pastedImage_0.png

If you select the richtext option in send mail action on the workflow all is ok when you call a rich text column on it.

179820_pastedImage_2.png

Best regards,

Badge +4

hi Maxime

I guess I am on Nintex On-premises (our company only purchased Nintex Form and Workflow...I am Nintex On-premises?)

Thanks!

Zoe

Badge +4

Hi zoé,

On-premises means you run Nintex on your own server (intra-compagny).

If you are in O365 it means you use Office 365 (OnLine) with a Microsoft Account or other.

To find which one you use, please go to your workflow or forms designer and click help and about Nintex.

If you see :

179821_pastedImage_0.png

You are in On premises.

But if you see :

179828_pastedImage_1.png

You are in O365.

Tell me more about that, and we can see how to solve your problem.

Best regards,

Badge +9

Zoe,

If you need to Active Nintex in the Site Settings , then you are on premise

If you need to add an App in Site Content, then your are in O365.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +4

ah!  Then I am O365, because I need to add an app and choose Custom List in order to use Nintex.

so is that mean if I'm O365, I can't have the Rich Text email to keep the original text format the user submitted on the form?cry.png

Thanks,

Zoe

Badge +4

it shows Nintex Forms 2013, but based on Christophn's info below, looks like I am O365

Badge +4

Zoé,

I have a tenant O365 to test it too.

I come back to you with a solution if I found ^^.

Thanks,

Badge +4

Zoé,

I just testing in O365, if I have the same problem as you but it doesn't.

179830_pastedImage_1.png

But you right in O365 we don't have the option to select if you want to send a rich or plain mail. In my case it's html which used to send mail.

Maybe this option could be configured in your messaging software or in your sharepoint.

But in your first screenshot we can see the option (rich text in mail configuration). So, are you sure to be on O365 version of Nintex ?

Regards,

Badge +4

I do have the email format option for view in plain or rich text, but on the other hand, I can only access to Nintex if I create an app (and it has to be custom list) on the SharePoint.

So, I also confused, not sure what is the product Im using now..., let me check with the IT department tomorrow...

Thanks for helping anyway!

Cheers,

Zoe

Badge +4

Ok no problem,

We are hoping this confirmation for tomorrow.

Have a good day.

Badge +4

Hi Maxime,

IT said we are just Nintex (2013) on SharePoint... still possible to have a solution?

Zoe

Badge +4

Hi Zoé,

Please could you verify this informations on your environment :

1. Have you set correctly rich text option in the SharePoint column ?
  2. This is a simple mail notification or a task email or other ?
  3. If yes, have you set correctly rich text option in the send mail action on your workflow ?
  4. Try to type html message on body email to see if Nintex could send Html mails, for example :
    1. Test
  5. If all is OK, could you verify with your IT system if your messaging client is configured to receive HTML messages?

Regards,

Badge +4

Hi Maxime,

please find my answer below in bold font. happy.png

let me know if you need other information, thanks A LOT!

Maxime TRIVIDIC 留言:

Hi Zoé,

Please could you verify this informations on your environment :

1. Have you set correctly rich text option in the SharePoint column ? yes
  2. This is a simple mail notification or a task email or other ? just a simple notification email
  3. If yes, have you set correctly rich text option in the send mail action on your workflow ? Yes, I did
  4. Try to type html message on body email to see if Nintex could send Html mails, for example :
    1. Test

please find my tests,

179940_pastedImage_8.png

1, format the *to do list* in blue

179938_pastedImage_6.png

2. remove format

179939_pastedImage_7.png

1. If all is OK, could you verify with your IT system if your messaging client is configured to receive HTML messages?

this email is only sent to internal staffs (like me), so I think to receive HTML email is not a problem. happy.png 

Regards,

Badge +4

Hi Zoe,

Nice to see all your requirements are correct, that's a good point.

Unfortunatly, it could not help me because I don't have other ideas for the moment.

I'm going to share your problem with my colleagues and if I have an idea, I come back to you.

Sorry and have a good day.

Regards,

Badge +4

no need to sorry, I truly appreciate your time! Thank you anyway happy.png

Badge +4

OMG, it works now!!! THANK YOUhappy.png

180910_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +4

Hi Maxime,

Looks like I overlooked the setting for the source column on SharePoint, after I follow Ruelle's instruction given below I solve my headache. happy.png

Zoe

Badge +4

Hi Zoe,

Nice to hear that. All this time spended for that silly.png

Maxime.

Badge +1

I tried to add a column for text, but I don't see the option to specify what kind of text I want to store.