resize form designer for a multi-step form

• 27 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I just asked this question in the comments section of How to design a Multi-Step form with Nintex Forms for Office 365 but I am not sure if comments are monitored (I apologize for the duplicate question).

Is there a way to change the size of the form designer without affecting the size of the canvas (at runtime)?  I am using this (How to design a Multi-Step form with Nintex Forms for Office 365) approach to build a 5-6 step form but don't seem to have room to add all of my panels to the designer without changing the Canvas height/width (pixels) setting.  This makes for a lot of wasted space on the edit form when all steps except for one are hidden.

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Your link doesn't go to the page, and neither does mine. Interesting. How to design a Multi-Step form with Nintex Forms for Office 365

I have not run through this walk through, but things I would first review is that all controls are within a panel. And the hidden control is at the top and not the bottom. Make sure the buttons are within panels as well. If there is a control near the bottom of the canvas it will not shrink beyond that control.

Are you doing this in O365?

Badge +1

Thanks for the response and suggestions Andrew - that is wierd about the link.  I do have all controls on panels and the hidden control is up top.  It seems like the form size is being set by an inline on ms-dlgBorder.

<div class="ms-dlgBorder" style="width: 622px; height: 694px;">

I am using NF2010/SP2010 and IE 8.  Here is what my form look like at runtime (with images/tables/divs outlined).

runtime.jpg

For anyone else reading my post I am attaching an image that might do a better job of explaining what I am trying to accomplish.  I am looking for a way to make my design surface the size of the yellow box but diplay something the size of the green box(s) at runtime (see attached).  Multi-Step.jpg

Badge +17

Timothy,

I would agree with Andrew on this one.  If you are using panels and your required buttons are at the top not bottom, the form shoul shrink on runtime to only show the panel that is active.  A key here would be to ensure that your panels are set to hide.

You can also set rules on your panels to hide if its the Edit view as well.

Badge +17

Tim,

Any update on this one?

Badge +1

Eric

Sorry for the late reply.  This was fixed when I opened the form in standalone mode.

Thanks,

Tim

Timothy Donato

SharePoint Developer

<https://tnet.tollbrothersinc.com/departments/IT/sitepages/sharepoint.aspx>

Badge +17

Thanks for the update Tim, could you mark this one as resolved?