Using Nintex Mobile offline, can I save a completed form as a pdf on the mobile device?

• 24 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

When running Nintex Mobile offline, is there a way to save the completed form as a PDF on the mobile device? This is available via desktop using Forms Enterprise but I haven't found a way to make this work via mobile device.

I know this can be done through the workflow, but as the users will be offline I need a solution through the Nintex Mobile app that doesn't rely on workflow running.

The point of this is so that users working in the field are able to complete a form and then save it to a pdf on the device. They would then use AirDrop to transfer the pdf to another user's device. The form would still be submitted once the user is back online.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Sharon,

Unfortunately the native Nintex Mobile app does not provide this function as it essentially expects the form to be submitted once you establish a network connection.

Depending on how large your form is, could you instruct your users to take a screenshot or shots and then send those images via AirDrop?

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Sharon, are you able to explain why you would want to do this ? Not questioning the process.. Just wondering if there is a better way. 

As we develop new features for Mobile we need to try and keep the platform functionally the same as best as possible and as simple. 

EG would something like a Bluetooth transfer be better ? then the form stays in the app and doesn't become a pain as a un-managed file on the device. Nintex Mobile(Client 1) -> Bluetooth -> Nintex Mobile(Client 2) (Carbon Copy, and can't be submitted)

Badge +2

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the idea, but since these are large forms it wouldn't be feasible to take several screenshots of the form before submitting.

Sharon

Badge +2

Hi Dan,

We have a large group of users that work offline in the forest on a regular basis, and often they are working with external contractors. They have a form that regularly needs to be filled out with the contractor that requires both our employee and the contractor's signature at the bottom. The form is then marked as submitted and it sits in the Nintex Mobile outbox until the employee is back online. 

Ideally, we would like the employee to have the ability to transfer the completed form directly to the contractor as soon as it is marked as submitted while they are still offline. 

Using bluetooth to transfer would be fine, but the contractor would not have the Nintex Mobile app for receiving the form as we do not give login accounts to contractors.